dinsdag 19 mei 2015

Electric Wizard live at The Roundhouse, London


Electric Wizard live at The Roundhouse, London 
 15th May 2015

In the beginning there was the word and the word was God. He kinda looked around and decided to do some stuff. On the first day he said “Let there be light” and there was light and that was cool. On some other days he did a lot stuff that made the world but on the seventh day he took a rest, got kinda bored and so invented Doom. And lo, he spake unto me and said: "Maim, go ye to that London and observe the mighty force of nature called Electric Wizard.” …. And so I did go to that London and looked for where the legions of the damned gathered, smoking the merry-jew-wanna and soaking strong alcohol and many of the people there did sport beards of plenty with jackets festooned with myriad patches of Satan and I knew I had arrived. Inside the venue I did observe much crowds of sloth and untidiness combined with unkemptness and reckless abandonment of social politeness and lo, I liked what mine eyes beheld. And then, like the prophets foretold, Electric Wizard came on stage and their souls were claimed by the devils imps for the satanic noise could not of come from any of God’s fair creatures. My stomach felt funny as the sheer volume made my bowels move in time to the bass and the drums sounded like the crack of  hell opening up and the guitars roared their defiance to the heavens and the vocals described all manner of atrocities that man has committed and the solos pierced my inner temple of calmness and I wanted to legalise drugs and murder. And it came to pass that I departed the depths of depravity a changed person. I have turned my back on the light and now follow a path of darkness and despair. All hail the Wizard.

(Written by Tony)






Pictures: Tony Maim & Dave Pettit

4 opmerkingen:

  1. i'll see them in july on SFTU http://caligula666.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=107&Itemid=13

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Fantastic. Did you record the Purson set as well?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Due to work pressure, I only saw the Cosmic Dead set which was ok but not brilliant.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.